Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ansel Adams

It would be hard for me to write a semester photography blog and not mention Ansel Adams.  His work is probably what inspires my enthusiasm to produce black and white pictures.  This is one of my favorite pieces  he does, the Jeffrey Pine in Yosemite National Park.
 

The contrast between the needles and trunk with the white mountains beneath the bottom branch really strike me.  I also like the shadows that the branches provide on the boulders beneath.  Though what I probably like the most are the twisted branches of the trunk and how the main branches shoot in whichever angle.  I've always liked the mangled look of trees like the Utah juniper paired with the often desolate landscape it occupies.  This Jeffrey Pine provides a very similar look.

-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment